Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Storefront Concepts on Paper


A few conceptual drawings that were the inspiration for the new store front windows and a look for the front of the old Mike's Grocery Store. While the folding or other open window options seem every appealing I decided on fixed closed windows. Our humid summers and variety of bugs just didn't seem compatible with a food shop. I loved the idea because I have seen it used in many shops, bars and restaurants in the Brooklyn Heights neighborhood in Brooklyn, New York.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Found this blog via OmahaMidCenturyModern.blogspot.com.

I have been noticing the renovations as I drive by on California & wondering what will go in there. Do you have a tenant lined up? If so, please do tell. Will you live in the apartment upstairs or rent it out?

Looks like we have similar interests. I recently moved from Dundee to 38th Street, so now I'm a midtown Omaha guy, too. Email me HistoricDundee[AT]gmail.com.

MTOguy said...

I have my commercial leasing agent looking for a good fit for the building. I am looking for something that will be low impact and neighborhood friends and cool! I have had lots of interest in the shop space and the apartment space so I don't think it will be a problem finding the right shop keeper to move in. That is a few months off, however.